Intertextual Connections


He is growing up to be a BIG MAN.


The wooden flooring in my master bedroom has cracked open and leaving a mountain peak like impression. In effect, my percentage of pokai-ness increases due conditions that spurs a trigger to do like:-
  • you're late for work, so you jump out of bed but you hit mountain peak first. ouch

  • you're in a dire need to use the toilet be it No 1 or No 2. You have to slow down to cross the mountain peak.

  • you daydream through the day and suddenly you feel elevated but with a kind of piercing pain. Yup, you're standing on the mountain peak when you're suppose to move around it.
I suppose I nailed down the frustration and annoyance towards the flooring but really, its the flooring that should be nailed down. So, 2 weeks has passed and I await for arrival of Mr. Soo this morning at 10:30am.
He didn't show, I called and he was still running errands and surge of boot camp instructor Ee came over me and told him to respect punctuality and time has been set and planned; I have things to do, get here in 15 minutes. The door bell rings, 15 minutes later.
I greeted him warmly and went and look at the situation. The autopsy shows that the tiling has not been sealed properly therefore allowing water to seep through causing an expanding reaction with the wooden planks underneath, the water naturally couldn't evaporate because it has been coated with protective oil. As a result and in due time, the world of wooden flooring became an incredible hulk episode basically popped up within 4 days and if I was superstitious enough - it may have been a prophecy of reaching great heights in life or the ghostly spirits have come to stay.
The trouble really starts here, the flooring needs to be changed which require shifting of furniture, removal of curtains; follow then by patching of new flooring and letting it set for 3 weeks. Coating happens after that. And finally, the big splash on cost. argh.
So now, I have to manage all this with the time in place and we start another round of coordination work. So this is my life when one starts to stay alone which I really see it in effect - you manage your own sdn. bhd. - budgetary control, respecting punctuality, discipline and thoroughness.
Ee Soon Wei is growing up to be a BIG MAN. And, that's really how life takes of all of us.
Some never grow up, they just grow old.

Labels:

2 Responses to “He is growing up to be a BIG MAN.”

  1. # Blogger z

    water is very powerful and can cause a lot of damage. over here, it can rot out roofs and ceilings, and if your foundation isn't good, black mold can grow in the basement (bad for lungs). :)  

  2. # Blogger Linora 'Aronil' Low

    I agree with Z on that. Water has caused a number of my ceilings to give way already. And lol you're telling me you 'weren't' a man already when you started staying on your own? :P  

Post a Comment



© 2005-2006 Intertextual Connections | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.